Hot Island Wings
Hot Island Wings
This recipe encompasses so many flavors and builds to an amazing heat crescendo. Not to overpowering, the heat and flavor do the dance amazingly well in your mouth. The flavors include our soon to be famous Hot Island Jerk Que, Solomon’s Punishment Brand, Kings Judgement (pineapple Habanero), fresh red onions, red peppers, pineapple and cilantro. These wings will set you on a path of addiction that will keep you grabbing for the next wing-let while dabbing a bit of perspiration from your forehead and longing to be sitting in that Island bar watching the blue waters of Bimini. I have served these wings in various Restaurants over my career, but they were not perfected until Annthea introduced her incredible flavors from Ashlynn’s Gourmet. The marinating of the wings in the Kings Judgement Hot Sauce is one of the keys to letting that subtle, but present heat render into these Hot Island Chicken Wings. Then comes the knock out punch of the Hot Island Que with its signature “Jamaican Jerk” flavors erupting with that island heat component, then just when you thought the flavors were finished along comes the onion, peppers, pineapple and cilantro to entice you into the next bite.
Hot Island Wings Recipe
- 5 lbs of Jumbo Skin on Wings
- 48 oz Pineapple Juice
- 12 oz of Hot Island Que BBQ Sauce
- 5.5 oz of Kings Judgement Pineapple Habenero Haute Sauce
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper (may substitute a Red Jalapeno pepper for extra heat)
- 1 small can Pineapple Chunks
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 24 Hr Marinate
- 35 Minutes Cook Time
Place Wings, pineapple Juice and Kings Judgement Pineapple Habanero Hot Sauce in a marinating bowl, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place marinated wings in full size baking sheet, or 2 half-size sheets and place in oven for 25 minutes, rotating the sheets every 10 minutes to insure even cooking. (Chef’s tip: use a non-stick foil to line pans this will prevent meat loss and make cleaning a breeze.) We recommend a shake of your favorite rub at this point for extra flavor.
- While wings are cooking, dice 2 cups red onions, one red pepper, one bunch of cilantro and open the pineapple chunks setting all aside.
- After 15 minutes of cook time fire up the grill and pre-heat to 450-500 F. (Chef’s tip: remember to use oil or non-stick spray on grill before applying chicken.) Place wings on the grill and grill for 5 minutes flipping once.
- Once you have grilled the wings apply a liberal amount of Hot Island Que sauce. Let the que caramelize for 3-5 minutes, remove the wings to platter of your choice.
- Finish off with the onion, pepper, cilantro and pineapple garnish on top of wings.
- Be sure to have plenty of napkins and an ice cold beverage!